The Board of Quantity Surveyors Malaysia was set up by an Act of Parliament, i.e. Registration of Quantity Surveyors Act 1967, Act 487 (revised 1992). The Board consists of a President, a Registrar and sixteen (16) members appointed by the Minister of Works, Malaysia.
The Board's functions are as follows,
- to keep and maintain a register of quantity surveyors in Malaysia.
- to keep and maintain a register of firms and bodies corporate practising as consulting quantity surveyors in Malaysia.
- to approve or reject applications for registration or to approve any such applications subject to such restrictions as the Board may deem fit.
- to order suspension, cancellation, or removal of registered quantity surveyors or firms or bodies corporate from the register.
- to fix from time to time, with the approval of the Minister of Public Works, the scales of fees for the provision of consulting quantity surveying services.
- to hear and determine disputes relating to professional conduct or ethics of quantity surveyors.
- to determine and regulate the professional conduct and ethics of the quantity surveying profession in Malaysia.
- to review and approve, whenever necessary, the list of recognised qualifications necessary for the registration of provisionally registered Quantity Surveyors.
- to do everything necessary to carry out the provisions of the Quantity Surveyors Act.
BQSM is committed to process all application for registration with the Board within four months from the date of receipt of the application.
Tingkat 17, Blok F,
Ibu Pejabat JKR,
Jalan Sultan Salahuddin,
50582 Kuala Lumpur.
Telefon: 603-2696 7999; 603-2696 7987; 603-2696 7823
Faks: 603-2692 5680
Laman Web: http://www.bqsm.gov.my