To become an excellent road planning and traffic consultation centre.
To Build an economical, efficient, safe, and environment and user-friendly road system.
- This division has set the following objectives in executing the above functions:
- Plan an environment-friendly road to stimulate nation's socio-economic growth.
- Help local authority to resolve urban transportation problems.
- Provide counseling service to government and state agencies in matters relating to traffic engineering.
- Enhance the quality of road safety through engineering means, and
- Enhance the effectiveness of road network, safety and consumer's comfort through intelligent transportation system methods and technology.
- To outline the policies for National roads / expressway network that is efficient, economical and safe as well as contributes to the nation's socioeconomic development
- To prepare Five Year Plan (FYP) for Ministry of Works
- To conduct feasibility studies to determine the potential of proposed road projects technically and economically
- To monitor the planning of new projects involving expressways and make future traffic extimation for the priovatised projects
- To conduct traffic census and studies to collect information about route operation characteristics as well as other information for road planning purposes
- To coordinate road planning activities with an area's land use planning so that planning can be done cohesively
- To study the capacity of the road network system to accommodate current and future traffic needs, identify the overall road transportation sector requirements and outline short and lorm term implementation programs
- To collect and analyse accident data to identify accident-prone areas and propose repairment measure concepts
- To conduct Enviromental Impact Studies for the planned road projects
- To conduct Social Impact and outcome studies for the completed road projects or road projects that have not yet started
- To stipulate the direction of the Intelligent Transport System in the country as well as plan and monitor the implementation of the system
To achieve the set objectives of delivering consumer satisfaction, this division has prepared the following client's charter so that it is observed by all staff involved.
Publish the "Road traffic Volume Malaysia" before 30 June of each year.
Prepare and publish list of dangerous location before 30 August;
Prepare review on traffic projection for highway privatization projects in 2 months;
Finish processing national survey data two months after the survey; and
Disburse consultant's claim within 14 days of receiving the invoice.
Highway Planning Unit,
Ministry of Works Malaysia,
2nd Floor, Block A,
Kompleks Kerja Raya,
Jalan Sultan Salahuddin,
50580 Kuala Lumpur.
Tel : 03-2771 4201
Fax : 03-2711 3975
|HIGHWAY PLANNING UNIT ORGANIZATION CHART||310.02 KB|